A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants with a flexible and strategic approach gained within the UK and Internationally in PE backed and Corporate businesses across the Telecoms, Media, Technology, Logistics and Pharmaceutical sectors:
- an expert skill-set in addressing strategic and operational management issues
- driving performance and growth aided by challenging and improving existing processes and systems and/or introduction of new opportunities
- enhancing team dynamics, performance and development whilst maintaining cultural awareness and customer-focus by bringing insight and action to improve and strengthen commercial operational and financial performance
- professional communication and presentation of financials and key performance indicators
Wider interests on innovation and in business developments led to mentoring and support to Entrepreneurs and SMEs in light of the ever growing financial, operational and technological challenges they face
A particular interest in aligning sustainable finance solutions to business strategy and in encompassing innovation and technological advances e.g. Cloud Accounting and Artificial Intelligence, and how the impacts, real or perceived, will influence business functions in different sectors.
CHARTERED MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANTS
CIMA, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, was founded in 1919 and is the world’s leading, and largest, professional body of management accountants. A unique blend of management accounting, financial accounting and business-focused subjects produces competent and confident CGMAs who lead their organisations to sustainable success. CIMA is committed to upholding the highest ethical and professional standards of members and students, and to maintaining public confidence in management accountancy
- Advise managers about the financial implications of projects.
- Explain the financial consequences of business decisions.
- Formulate business strategy.
- Monitor spending and financial control.
- Conduct internal business audits.
- Explain the impact of the competitive landscape.
- Bring a high level of professionalism and integrity to business
The management accounting skillset
CIMA members are qualified to work across an organisation, not just in finance. In addition to strong accounting fundamentals, application of strategic business and management skills:
- Analysis – analysis of information, using it to make business decisions.
- Strategy – formulation of business strategy to create wealth and shareholder value.
- Risk – identification and management of risk.
- Planning – application of accounting techniques to plan and budget.
- Communication – identification of information management needs to explain the numbers to non-financial managers.
CIMA members are required to comply with the CIMA code of ethics and to apply the fundamental principles of CIMA’s ethical code to their working lives. CIMA members are at the heart of business as its conscience, bringing judgment, independence and objectivity in addition to their professional qualification.
Monitored and regulated by CIMA:
|Description||Why this is important?|
|Anti-Money Laundering Compliance||Assurance that comply with HMRC and other regulations|
|Continuous Professional Development||Competency, up to date with latest regulation and tax laws|
|Professional Indemnity Insurance||Guarantee in case of urgent situation or dispute|
|Continuity Agreements||Support in place in case of an emergency|
|Letters of engagement||Clarity with terms of engagement and fee details|
|Ethical conduct||Ensure integrity security, and confidentiality for clients|